The 51-100 list is unveiled ahead of The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2022 awards ceremony
London (RestaurantNews.com) The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2022, sponsored by S.Pellegrino & Acqua Panna, has revealed its list of restaurants ranked from 51st to 100th ahead of the annual awards ceremony, taking place on Monday 18th July in London. The annual list, which this year celebrates its 20th anniversary, is created by a voting panel comprising 1,080 independent authorities in the world of gastronomy, from renowned international chefs and food journalists to traveling gastronomes. The extended ranking is created from the same voting process as The World’s 50 Best Restaurants and acts to shine a spotlight on a greater number of hospitality establishments across the world.
The 51-100 List in Numbers
- The 51-100 list includes 20 new entries from 15 different cities, offering a global geographical spectrum from Mexico to Australia
- The 51-100 list includes restaurants in 22 territories across six continents, with the addition of new entries from the Middle East, not previously included in last year’s list
- 14 entries are from Asia, 13 from Europe, 11 from North America, 2 from the Middle East, 2 from Africa, 1 from Oceania, and 7 from South America
- Restaurants from 5 new destinations have been added including Argentina, China (Mainland), Germany, Singapore and UAE compared to last year’s 51-100 list
- The highest new entry in the 51-100 list is Trèsind Studio, Dubai, UAE at 57
Asia has 14 entries in the ranking this year spread across seven cities including: Mingles, Seoul (No.71), Fu He Hui, Shanghai (No.64), Neighborhood, Hong Kong (No.76) and Wing, Hong Kong (No.100), and two restaurants from Japan – Sazenka (No.59) and new entry Sézanne (No.82). India makes an appearance as well with Indian Accent in New Delhi snagging a spot at No.92. Of the three restaurants from Singapore, Zén (No.70) and Meta (No.95) are new entries and join established favourite Burnt Ends (No.94). The four restaurants from Thailand include Le Du (No.65) and Sühring (No.66) as well as new entries Samrub Samrub Thai (No.75) and Raan Jay Fai (No.85).
Several new territories boast establishments featured on the extended ranking this year including the UAE with two new entries: Trèsind Studio (No.57) and Orfali Bros Bistro (No.87) both in Dubai. Additional new entries include two from Mexico City in the form of Rosetta (No.60) and Máximo Bistrot (No.89), as well as Evvai (No.67) in São Paulo, Brazil, Kol (No.73) in London and three French restaurants: Table by Bruno Verjus (No.77) in Paris, AM par Alexandre Mazzia (No.80) in Marseille and Flocons de Sel (No.99) in Megève. Further new entries include Gimlet at Cavendish House (No.84) in Melbourne, Mishiguene (No.88) in Buenos Aires, Oriole, No.91, in Chicago and Hertog Jan at Botanic Sanctuary (No.93) in Antwerp.
William Drew, Director of Content for The World’s 50 Best Restaurants, comments: “With restaurants across six continents, the 51-100 list this year recognises a broader range of destinations than we have ever seen before. We’re thrilled to see 20 new entries join the list for the first time.
This growth is great to witness as the gastronomic world continues to recover and rebuild following the huge challenges faced during the pandemic. We look forward to sharing the celebration at the awards ceremony in London on 18th July.”
The Voting Process
The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2022 list is voted for by 1,080 international restaurant industry experts and well-travelled gourmets who make up The World’s 50 Best Restaurants Academy. The gender-balanced Academy comprises 27 separate regions around the world, each of which has 40 members including a chairperson. No sponsor from the event has any influence over the voting process.
Professional services consultancy Deloitte independently adjudicates The World’s 50 Best Restaurants list, including the ranking from 51-100. This adjudication ensures that the integrity and authenticity of the voting process and the resulting lists are protected.
The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2022 will be announced live at a ceremony being held in London on Monday 18th July, which will also be streamed live on the 50 Best Facebook via the link here and YouTube channels via the link here. The announcement of the list and individual awards can be followed via the 50 Best social media channels, with the livestream beginning at 20:30 (UK time).
Media centre access:
Follow 50 Best
- Follow on Instagram: @TheWorlds50Best #Worlds50Best
- Follow on Twitter: @TheWorlds50Best
- Like on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/50BestRestaurants
- Subscribe to the YouTube channel: 50 Best Restaurants TV
- Visit the website: https://www.theworlds50best.com/
About The World’s 50 Best Restaurants
Since 2002, The World’s 50 Best Restaurants has reflected the diversity of the world’s culinary landscape. The annual list of the world’s most prestigious restaurants provides a snapshot of some of the best destinations for unique culinary experiences, in addition to being a barometer for and a pioneer of global gastronomic trends. The 50 Best family also includes Latin America’s 50 Best Restaurants, Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants, Middle East & North Africa’s 50 Best Restaurants, The World’s 50 Best Bars, Asia’s 50 Best Bars, North America’s 50 Best Bars and the #50BestTalks and 50 Best Explores series, all of which are owned and run by William Reed. 50 Best aims to bring together communities across the hospitality sector to foster collaboration, inclusivity, diversity and discovery and help drive positive change.
About the main sponsor: S.Pellegrino & Acqua Panna
S.Pellegrino and Acqua Panna are the main partners of The World’s 50 Best Restaurants and 50 Best for Recovery. S.Pellegrino and Acqua Panna are the leading natural mineral waters in the fine dining world. Together they interpret Italian style worldwide as a synthesis of excellence, pleasure and well-being.
- Estrella Damm – Official Beer Partner; sponsor of the Estrella Damm Chefs’ Choice Award
- American Express Resy – Official Credit Card & Booking Platform Partner (Resy); sponsor of the American Express One To Watch Award
- Gin Mare – Official Gin Partner; sponsor of the Gin Mare Art of Hospitality Award
- Flor de Caña – Official Rum Partner; sponsor of the Flor de Caña Sustainable Restaurant Award
- Sosa – Official Ingredients Partner; sponsor of The World’s Best Pastry Chef Award
- Beronia – Official Wine Partner, sponsor of the Beronia World’s Best Sommelier Award
- Nude Glass – Official Glassware Partner; sponsor of The World’s Best Female Chef Award
- Villa Massa – Official Limoncello and Amaretto Partner; sponsor of the Villa Massa Highest Climber Award
- Illycaffè – Official Coffee Partner
- Dassai Sake – Official Sake Partner
- Nyetimber – Official Sparkling Wine Partner
- Cinco Jotas – Official Ibérico Ham Partner
- The London Essence – Official Mixers Partner
- Choco – Official Ordering Partner
- Aspire Lifestyles – Official Concierge Partner; sponsor of the Highest New Entry Award
- Jaén Selección – Official Olive Oil Partner
- Castilla-La Mancha – Official Destination Promotion Partner
- Sea Containers – Official Hotel Partner
- One Hundred Shoreditch – Official Hotel Partner
Laurel Waldron, Finn Partners
+44(0)7725 259 929
The post The World’s 50 Best Restaurants Unveils the 51-100 List for 2022 first appeared on RestaurantNews.com.
Did you miss our previous article…